U.S. General, Nato commander Scott Miller says no change in military presence in Afghanistan

The U.S.-led war is against Islamic terrorism, militancy, and religious extremism and their mission is countering terrorism in the region, said, the United States Military General and NATO commander Scott Miller.

The United States Military General and NATO commander, Scott Miller, has said there is no change in the military presence in Afghanistan no orders were received to pull forces out of the war-torn country so nothing has changed, NATO’s Resolute Support mission in Kabul confirmed.

Trump had decided to pull out half of the 14,000 U.S. forces from Afghanistan, but the White House has so far not confirmed the widely-publicized move.

The U.S. troops make up the bulk of the Resolute Support mission to train and advise and fight along with the Afghan security forces fighting the Afghan Taliban, the Pakistani militant groups providing support to the Afghan Taliban, the Islamic State group, Daish, and Al Qaeda.

Miller said, if he got orders to pull out forces, it is important to know they are still with the Afghan security forces and even if they get a little bit smaller, it will be okay.

He said, the US-led war is against Islamic terrorism, militancy, and extremism and their mission is countering terrorism in the region.

Trump’s decision that apparently came on Tuesday to reduce the United States military presence has rattled the Afghan capital creating fears that the hasty move could undermine the negotiating position, embolden the Taliban, and erode morale of the Afghan forces suffering record losses.